Friday, December 7, 2007

Running the last leg of the race…


Running the last leg of the race…

I will be turning over the baton and passing it on to James Torres in the next 30 days. The selection committee made the correct choice in selecting James from a candidate pool of representatives that were all very well qualified. James brings with him a wealth of experience in the education field and the business world. It will be a great experience to watch him lead the department as we move forward in the 21st Century.

Joan and I have sold our house in Durango and are building a new one in Austin Texas…Why???..well it is much easier to do my new adventure out of the Austin Airport that will require travel around the country.… but the real reason is a granddaughter named Ava, (age 1) and a grandson named Brock, (age 3).

I am sending this now, via my Blog and e-mail because I will be doing a Keynote in Nebraska on the eve of the retirement dinner for the retiring staff next April. I will be here for part of January training James for his “New Adventure”

In closing, I am thankful for everyone of you that I have know for the past 14 years…you have made this the BEST job I have ever had. Your support and kind words over the years is very much appreciated. It is my hope that I have made a small impact on you and the Durango School District.

I will miss you all… God bless you…everyone..

I am Leaving Durango, “ To change The World…. One Teacher At A Time”….

My new e-mail is howie@frontier.net

My new WebPage is: www.toolsfortheclassroom.com

No comments: